- 1 What is All On 4 and All On 6 Dental Implant?
- 2 Benefits of Implant All On 4 and All On 6.
- 3 Comparison: All On 4 Dental Implant and All On 6 Dental Implant
- 4 Factors customers should consider when going to have All On 4 or All On 6 Implants
- 5 Notes before and after dental Implant
- 6 Home Dental – Prestigious and safe place to have All On 4 and All On 6 Dental Implant
What is All On 4 and All On 6 Dental Implant?
All On 4 Dental Implant
All On 4 Dental Implant is a full-jaw implant technique invented by the Nobel Biocare Implant company (USA). This is considered one of the most modern methods of tooth restoration today, helping to effectively restore the ability to chew and bring aesthetics for people who have lost all teeth in their jaws, in case of bone deficiency in the posterior region of the teeth.
When performing Implant All On 4, the doctor will surgically place 4 Implant posts on the jaw arch. Those posts are placed with the role of real teeth roots, helping to support the prosthetic crown including 12 dentures or 12 porcelain teeth fixed by CAD / CAM technology.
The feature of this method is that it only needs to use a small number of Implant posts, limiting bone grafting surgery. Therefore, the process of full jaw implant is done quickly, helping to save treatment time and costs.
All On 6 Dental Implant
Similar to All On 6 Dental Implant was also invented by the company Nobel Biocare Implant and was first announced in 1977. This method is evaluated as an effective method of implanting teeth. absolutely, restore chewing ability, aesthetics for people who have lost all teeth.
When performing the All On 6 Implant technique, the doctor put 6 Implant posts into one jaw for restoration. The posts are placed directly into the jawbone. In which, 4 middle posts are fixed in the position of front teeth, 2 posts on both sides are fixed in position of back teeth. After that, the doctor will install a porcelain bridge with 14 or more teeth for restoration.
These 6 Implant posts are balanced into the jawbone to spread the force evenly, supporting the removable jaw. During the examination, the doctor looks at the X-ray film and determines the good area on the jawbone, which is eligible to hold the Implant post.
Benefits of Implant All On 4 and All On 6.
Ensure chewing function like real teeth
This implant technique helps the Implant posts balance into the bone as well as spread the support force for the jaw muscles. Therefore, the Implant method helps patients restore their chewing function. They can eat comfortably without the fear of dentures falling out.
Prevent jaw bone loss
When all teeth are lost, the jaw bone will quickly disappear. Therefore, when the Implant is inserted into the jaw bone, it is possible to preserve the remaining bone for the person who has lost teeth, preventing bone loss.
Aesthetic restoration for the face
Implant All On 4 and All On 6 will restore a full number of teeth on the jaw, bring high aesthetic effect, ensure the harmony of the face. Patients will have a confident and beautiful smile.
Long lifespan, up to a lifetime
This method can last for a lifetime if the patient knows how to take care of and clean their teeth. Besides, it completely replaces the functions of real teeth.
Easy to clean
The cleaning of the denture on the implant is very easy with only 2 or 3 minutes to clean, thanks to being fixed like real teeth, so it is completely not dropped or exposed during daily activities.
Currently, on the market, there are electric toothbrushes, water flossers, etc., which patients can choose as oral hygiene tools for themselves and their families. These tools have gentle brushing power and an extremely high level of cleaning.
Shorten treatment and recovery time
Instead of implanting many teeth, this technique allows the restoration of the entire jaw with only 4 or 6 Implant posts. Therefore, it helps to reduce the number of surgeries. This results in the ability to recover quickly and helps patients quickly regain their confidence.
Comparison: All On 4 Dental Implant and All On 6 Dental Implant
While the All On Dental Implant method uses 4 Implant posts for the full jaw, the All On 6 method needs 6 posts
In the implant technique, the more implant posts there are, the greater the rigidity of the restoration will be. Customers can eat more comfortably and deliciously.
Therefore, it can be seen clearly that All On 4 Dental Implant has lower strength than the All On 6 method. The All On 6 method has more posts, so it has higher strength and durability.
Both All On 4 and All On 6 implant techniques bring aesthetic beauty. However, due to the use of a removable denture including artificial gums, the All On 4 restoration will be less natural than the All On 6.However, this difference is not significant).
Cost of surgery
The cost of All On 4 Implants is lower. The cost of All On 6 Implants is higher.
Factors customers should consider when going to have All On 4 or All On 6 Implants
Which cases are suitable to do All On 4 and All On 6 Dental Implant?
- People who have lost all teeth in the upper jaw, lower jaw or both jaws.
- Customers want to have functions and aesthetics similar to real teeth.
- People with bone loss disease that cannot be implanted or severe, irreparable periodontitis, must have all teeth extracted to implant All On 4 and All On 6 Implants.
- Patients want to save costs and treatment time.
Is All On 4 and All On 6 Dental Implant Painful?
Whether Dental Implant is painful or not is a concern of many people when they want to have this treatment.
This can be a perfect choice for people who have lost their teeth for a long time because the All On 4 and All On 6 techniques compared to other implant methods are quite similar but do not cause pain. Customers will have pre-anesthesia and the surgery is very gentle.
What are the common complications after All On 4 and All On 6 transplants?
- Light bleeding
- Mild swelling: This is the body’s natural response. In case of bone graft or sinus lift, there will be more swelling. The patient will feel the most swelling on the 2nd and 3rd day after surgery. From the 4th day, the swelling gradually decreased.
- There is also a slight dull ache for a few days.
Notes before and after dental Implant
Before performing dental implant
Before having All On 4 or All On 6 Dental Implant, patients need to pay attention to a few important things from the doctor:
- Dental Implants are only suitable for people who are 18 years or older. From this age, the development of jaw bone has been completed. The jaw bone is stable and eligible for Implant.
- The density of jaw bone, the height and thickness of the bone must meet the standards.
- Good health conditions: Patients need to accurately and specifically share their own health status in case of chronic diseases such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes.
- Do not use stimulants such as tobacco and alcohol for at least 1 month before the surgery.
- Mentally prepare so that the process goes more smoothly.
After performing dental Implant
After the patient has done the Implant process, it is necessary to follow the doctor’s instructions. Some notes to follow for Dental Implant:
- Apply cold compress to the cheeks and lips near the Implant site to reduce swelling for 1-2 days. Then, apply hot compress to help dissolve the hematoma and reduce swelling.
- Do not use salt water to rinse your mouth. Because salt water has very high antiseptic properties, it kills the newly formed cells, making the process of the implant integration with the bone arch longer.
- Do not brush your teeth in the first days after Dental Implant. For oral hygiene, patients need to use mouthwash containing Chlorhexidine 0.12% twice a day for oral hygiene.
- Do not use stimulants such as tobacco, alcohol for 2-4 weeks after the transplant process is complete.
- Follow the doctor’s prescription. Do not take over-the-counter medications, especially those containing aspirin.
- Avoid letting food stick to the implant site. Patients should eat soft foods that are easy to swallow.
- After surgery, do not exercise too hard, too much. This easily causes the Implant to be shaken.
- Patients need to return to the doctor every 3 months to check the status of the Implant. In addition, doctors will adjust the chewing force and bite if necessary.
Home Dental – Prestigious and safe place to have All On 4 and All On 6 Dental Implant
A team of doctors, leading experts on Implant
Home Dental owns a team of doctors and experts with years of experience in Dental Implant surgery. 100% of the team of doctors in Home Dental graduated from reputable medical universities and all obtained Dental Implant certificates.
Facilities and sterile operating rooms meet the standards of the Ministry of Health
Home Dental Clinic builds a system of specialized implant rooms, ensuring absolute sterility. The entire process is done in a sterile, sterile operating room, ensuring maximum safety.
Modern equipment and technology system
Home Dental always updates the equipment system by importing the most modern equipment from Germany, the US, France, etc.
All types of Implant posts at Home Dental are imported directly in Germany, Korea, USA, France,etc. These are genuine Implant posts that have been rigorously tested for quality, ensuring stability and permanent maintenance.