Loose Implant posts have many different causes, such as broken posts, broken joints, or failed integration. When this happens, typical symptoms include uncertain dentures, headaches, and rapid jaw fatigue when chewing. The solutions will depend on the cause of the problem, including treating the infection, adjusting the implant post, reinstalling a new one, or implanting the jawbone.
- 1 Why is the Implant post loose?
- 2 Symptoms when the Implant post is loose
- 4 Is the implant wobble dangerous?
- 5 How to fix the Implant wobble
- 6 Tips to prevent the implant post from being shaken
Why is the Implant post loose?
Doctor Nguyen Anh Ngoc (Home Dental) said that it is very rare for the Implant post to be loose after Dental Implantation.
Accordingly, if you encounter the above situation, it is likely due to one of the common causes: broken Implant post, loose joint, broken joint,…
Implant posts are usually made from pure titanium, but there are also some types that are mixed with other materials. In general, the bearing capacity and durability of the Implant post is highly appreciated.
However, there are still some cases where they are broken after the restoration, leading to the phenomenon of wobble and uncertainty.
The broken implant post can be caused by many different reasons such as the post is too small compared to the jawbone or has poor material.
The Implant post and the porcelain crown will be closely linked together through the Abutment to help restore a comprehensive tooth.
Therefore, if the Abutment is loose, the Implant teeth will definitely be loose too. You will feel this very clearly every time you eat and chew, even if you only eat soft foods.
One more case related to the Abutment that makes the Implant teeth uncertain.
Abutment, if manufactured from cheap materials, is very easy to break during use. A broken Abutment will leave many more complicated consequences than a loose one.
Dental Implant is a very complicated technique in the field of dentistry, not every doctor can do it successfully.
If in the process of implanting or installing dentures, the technique is wrong, of course the teeth after restoration will not be able to guarantee the certainty and stability as required.
Weak or degenerated jawbone
Weak or degenerated jawbone is also one of the reasons for the implant teeth to be loose after the Dental Implant.
The above situation usually occurs when you have lost teeth and have not been restored for a long time or because of age, disease, not eating enough nutrients, or smoking.
If the jawbone is not strong enough to support the Implant post, the Implant post may become loose.
This is also the reason why before placing the Implant, the doctor will check the condition of the patients’ jawbone. We recommend appropriate treatment if the bone quality is not guaranteed to increase the strength of the jawbone before the Implant process.
Inflammation or soft tissue damage around the Implant post
After installing the Implant, if the surrounding soft tissues are seriously damaged or there are inflammatory complications, the denture will be wobbly and unstable.
When an Implant is placed into the jawbone, the surrounding soft tissues such as gums, dental ligaments, and bone will slowly recover and reshape around the denture root.
If the soft tissue or surrounding parts are damaged due to inflammation, strong impact, too much pressure, or improper oral hygiene, the Implant will not be able to be stable.
The implant post being unable to integrate with the jawbone is the phenomenon of the implant post being rejected. The rejection of the implant also means that the prosthetic has failed.
When an implant is not successfully integrated with the jawbone, one of the most recognizable signs is that the post is wobbly and uncertain.
Symptoms when the Implant post is loose
After the implant is complete, if the implant post is wobbly, there will be very clear symptoms as follows:
- Unstable dentures: If the implant post is loose, the entire denture will also be loose and uncertain, causing discomfort and difficulty when eating or talking.
- Pain and headache: Pain and headache may appear when the implant post is wobbly because of the impact on the nerves, surrounding muscle groups and soft tissues.
- Persistent swelling: Swelling is a common symptom. However, if that situation persists and there is no sign of relief, it is likely that the implant post is wobbly and unstable.
- Quickly get tired when eating: Because the implant post is not stable, chewing can cause fatigue and discomfort for you.
- Difficulty in opening the mouth: When the implant post is not stable, the surrounding muscles can become tight and make it difficult to open the mouth.
Is the implant wobble dangerous?
The fact that the Implant post is loose and uncertain can be dangerous to our dentures and oral health if not detected and treated promptly.
If the Implant post is loose, it will no longer ensure stability and easily break. That will cause pain, discomfort, affect chewing function as well as damage to surrounding soft tissue.
If left for a long time, it also leads to complications of jawbone loss because there is no strong enough stimulating pressure to maintain bone growth.
Therefore, it is very important to check and treat promptly when the Implant post is loose after the surgery.
How to fix the Implant wobble
Fixing the condition of the loose Implant post will depend directly on the cause.
But in general, the common treatment methods are: Treatment of inflammation, adjustment of the implant post, re-installation of the implant post and strengthening of the jawbone.
Treatment of inflammation
If an infection occurs, the dentist will offer appropriate treatment, including using antibiotics, cleaning the infection sites directly on the Implant and cleaning the area around the Implant post.
In case the infection is already severe, the dentist may have to remove the Implant post to remove the infection before proceeding to place the Implant.
Adjusting the Implant post
In case the joint is loose, the graft is in the wrong position, or the doctor performs the wrong technique, making the Implant unstable, it is necessary to re-adjust.
To avoid the situation where the Implant post is loose after adjustment, you need to find a reputable dental address or a skilled dentist.
The adjustment of the Implant post is not too complicated. Typically, in the case of a loose joint, the dentist will access the connecting screw through a small hole in the porcelain crown and then tighten it.
Re-installation of Implant post
For causes such as broken Implant posts, broken Abutments, it is imperative to apply the method of re-installing the Implant post.
The dentist will remove the old Abutment and handle arising problems (if any). If the health conditions are stable and the quality of the jawbone is satisfactory, the new post will be installed according to the usual process.
Particularly in case the implant post is loose because the quality of the jawbone is not guaranteed, the doctor will have to strengthen your jawbone.
It is more accurate to perform jawbone grafting procedures to meet the conditions of density, volume as well as quality of jawbone so that the Implant post can be fixed firmly when implanted.
Tips to prevent the implant post from being shaken
It can be seen that the loose Implant post wobbling after implantation will cause many negative effects, not to mention the remediation is also time consuming and costly.
So in the first place, it’s necessary to prevent this situation with our simple tips below.
- Dental Implant at a reputable dental clinic: This is one of the first things you need to pay attention to when you intend to go for Implant. Accordingly, look for a reputable Dental Implant address. Because the dentists there have full expertise, they make sure to perform the right technique. Along with that, the types of Implant posts used will be strictly tested for quality.
- Follow the diet and take care of your teeth properly: After implantation, you need to build a varied diet, including enough nutrients needed for the body. Refrain from eating sweets, overly soft or hard foods, because they are easy to adversely affect the process of integrating the implant with the jawbone. In addition, it is necessary to brush your teeth properly and use dental floss to clean each tooth to prevent infection complications.
- Avoid chewing on the side of the Implant: When eating during the first period of implantation, pay attention to chewing on the other side of the Implant to avoid wobbling.
- Periodic check-up with a dentist: After implantation, you need to visit a dentist periodically to check and promptly detect problems. The doctor will quickly handle them to avoid negative effects.
- Do not smoke: The toxins in cigarettes can affect general health and increase the risk of Implant rejection, which is also one of the causes of the wobble of the Implant. Therefore, you should not smoke before or after the surgery.
The reason why the implant is loose, the symptoms and how to handle it have been answered in great detail within the article above. We hope this has helped bring you a lot of useful information.